I think there are specific stereotypes for “male” and “female” AIs in television and movies.
I plan on going through the following lists to find some patterns:
Here are my first observations (in a personal shorthand, for now):
- real fake meat: westworld, ghost in the shell, ex-machina
- am i real hurr durr: westworld, ghost in the shell
- is she real hurr durr: ex-machina, her
- bad bitch: ex-machina, westworld
- manipulative: ex-machina, glados, cortana?
- pure: eve (wall-e)
- servant: rosey (jetsons)
- violent: joshua (war-games), i have no mouth, HAL9000
- heroic: optimus prime, terminator, bladerunner
- humorous: c3p0, marvin (hitchhiker’s guide), wall-e
- cold: data (star trek)
- TODO: sonny (irobot)
- servant: c3p0